Tuesday, December 16, 2008

CALIFORNIA HERE WE COME!!!

Taylor Grace is soon to be a California girl! Mark and I found out we are moving to Palo Alto, California this summer! Mark got his fellowship position at Stanford University as the wilderness medicine fellow for 2009-2010. I have to brag on my husband for a moment- I am sooo proud of him!! There are only a couple of spots each year to be a wilderness fellow and he was offered two positions!!! He has worked very hard and thought long and hard about wanting to go into the wilderness field. He will be doing research and traveling all over the country and maybe out of the country. He'll also be teaching stanford medical students and will work in the hospital there too! Its going to be a great year of growth for us all! Thank you all for praying for us. We are so relieved and excited to know the direction God has called us to...at least for the next year. It is only a year position so we will do something different after the year is over. I'm very sad to leave my family and my friends here but we dont know where we will end up later down the road and I hope the stay close with friends and come back to be with my family often. More than sad I'm excited for the adventure coming up and proud for Mark. If anyone knows friends for us in Palo Alto let us know!
We wont be leaving until July and we're still praying about details like what to do with our home here, how to get to CA, and where we will live. But we are trusting in the Lord to provide the details. He's always faithful so I have to believe that He cares about those things in our life. So thats the big news here- oh and Mark's 30th b-day is this week! Its been a wonderful year!

No comments: