Friday, September 12, 2008

I'm due today!!! But so is Ike

So, I've officially hit 40 weeks today! I got my labor and delivery orders from the doctor today. I would love love love to meet my baby girl this weekend but I decided to have a talk with her and I told her its ok to wait until Monday, since our eyes are all fixed on Texas as our hometown gets pummeled by hurricane Ike. I can't believe chief meteorologist Jim Cantore is standing in Galveston right now! I've been watching all day and thats what I'll be doing all weekend. We are all very worried about our family and friends who live there. Mark's family evacuated but only 50% of the people on the island left...and they havent seen a storm like this decades....So, we'll be glued to the weather channel until Ike's fury passes through. Here at home I've just finished my last grocery shopping and now I'll finish the last few things on my to-do list. I can hardly stand the anticipation but I feel so much better knowing she will be here by Monday.

No comments: